General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I Don’t Think

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 19 Jul 2019 09:11

I could be more accident prone if I tried. I fell down a set of stairs at work yesterday and now have a lovely 20cm/8” gash on my leg which had to be stitched and stapled together. Feeling miserable at the moment.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 19 Jul 2019 09:40

Aww Tawny, nasty<3.......the only saving grace is that it could have been a lot worse <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2019 09:53

Ouch, Were they stone steps? good job it was your leg not your head. I bet you were rushing. Hope it soon heals.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 19 Jul 2019 09:54

I did a similar thing and ended up with 4 stitches but I was 12 ;-) :-D

Look on the bright side - it could have been just before your wedding.

Hope it heals quickly and scars do fade, mine is invisible now but it is a few years ago (coughs out loud) :-0 :-0 ;-)

<3

Having watched lots of young and some older women struggling on the more fashionable shoes never go up and down stairs in shoes that you aren't stable on at all times. Not saying that was your problem Tawny but I watched a couple of women struggling on a flight I did in May :-( Thought there'd be a fall up or down the aircraft steps :-0

Tawny

Tawny Report 19 Jul 2019 10:11

I was carrying two paint cans downstairs in my trainers. I work in a Georgian building so it’s stone steps with Lino treads.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 19 Jul 2019 10:46

Old building have steep stairs, mine were Victorian terrace ones - ouch still remember it.

Some types of lino not good on steps as it can get slippy. Just get better quickly - good excuse to put feet up and get pampered for a few days ;-) <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 19 Jul 2019 11:00

Tawny hope the pain is easing off a bit x

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jul 2019 11:02

I hope the paint cans were OK

:-)

Von

Von Report 19 Jul 2019 11:14

Tawny hope you feel better soon and wound heals quickly. <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Jul 2019 11:18

Oh dear so easily done let someone else carry the paint in future :-) hope it heals soon x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 19 Jul 2019 11:39

Hope you feel better soonest.

Lino should NOT be used on any steps especially on Stone steps.

Hugs to help you get better <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-D :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 19 Jul 2019 15:46

Thank you all. I had two options for getting it fixed and went for the one I thought would be better for me.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Jul 2019 23:26

Ouch! Poor you, Tawny. Hope your leg heals well, give yourself time to recover. Maybe health and safety need to check those stair treads.

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Jul 2019 23:31

Sorry to hear this Tawny. Hope it soon gets better.

Pat ..... I do so agree with you re fashionable shoes.

It is almost laughable, yet terrifying, to go to the graduation ceremonies at our university. The majority of the young ladies wear the fashionable clothes and shoes with their gowns. As they walk across the stage it is apparent that most of them have new shoes, and that they are not used to the heel height, or the wedge or whatever.

They have to climb a set of stairs, ca 7 or 8 steps, at one side of the stage, then descend a set at the other side.

I thought the ones in 5" heels (or higher) were terrifying as they wobbled across the stage and then tried to go down the steps, but the ones on high platforms and wedges are even worse.

The organizers make sure that there is someone at the bottom on the far side to catch someone who falls ...... their best catcher is now 85 years old! He landed up on his back with a young woman on top of him a couple of years ago, but he usually manages to stop them falling that far.

OH used to stand at the top of the first set, and was always ready with a hand in case someone stumbled going up. He did have a young lady fall stepping off the curb outside the theatre a couple of years ago .... she got a bruised and scraped knee I believe.

Island

Island Report 20 Jul 2019 10:14

No hand rail? :-0

David

David Report 21 Jul 2019 20:33

I know the feeling Tawny, some years ago I was involved in an RTA, I was hit from my bicycle by a car. Four pelvic fractures, had to learn to walk again. In the years that followed I developed severe arthritis in my right kneed. In 2013, being a bit of an
eejit I vaulted over my garden wall. Landed very badly on my left foot and gave
myself a complex fracture of the knee and necessitated several surgical operations.
Contracted a "Healthcare Acquired Infection" On a drip. Had to regularly attend the
Tropical and Infections Diseases Dept (ward 19) !!
Your'e never alone

Tawny

Tawny Report 26 Oct 2019 12:23

I’ve been at it again. This time I tripped in the road on the way to work (thankfully it’s a quiet one). I have five separate cuts and grazes to my knee and two to my elbow, a sprained ankle and a badly bruised and swollen thumb. I should explain I am disabled as I have dyspraxia which in my case means I have an IQ high enough to get me into Mensa and a total inability to walk in a straight line without sometimes tripping over my own feet.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Oct 2019 12:35

Do you use a stick Tawny, or if you don't should you? And what shoes do you wear? I know it is difficult for a young person not to wear modern footwear but with your disability you need all the help you can get to keep you 'on the straight and narrow'. I am sure you are feeling pretty fed up at the moment and sore too so I hope you feel better soon. My second eldest Grandson was diagnosed with something when at sixth form college, It was/is one of the Dis******* words and it is a spacial problem so he needed help with exams because he was slow, and was always tripping over his own feet. He got a degree and now has his own sandwich and take away shop, in his 30s now and married with a child. I don't think he trips any more so maybe he had grown out of it, I don't know if that is possible, maybe he is just more careful, He drives a car as well and is an excellent considerate driver. Just telling you this because your condition may be frustrating you, you will overcome it. Just be careful. :-) :-) <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 26 Oct 2019 13:36

Apologies for not replying sooner my father in law appeared unexpectedly. I wear normal shoes and don’t need a stick. I was given extra time in exams so I had the time to make my handwriting legible. I chose to wear trainers with my wedding dress instead of heels as there was less chance of an accident in flats. Mr Owl and I refer to it as my little problem and we accept that there will always be things I can’t do like drive a car. For me it’s about doing as much as I can. Years ago people with my little problem would have been stuck in a special school and not expected to achieve anything. I got married, I own a flat, hold down a job and pay the bills things that a lot of other people do. I too have grown out of it to a point but I still have some oops moments.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Oct 2019 13:55

Aw Tawny, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you a big (((((hug))))) <3