General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

***** Chinese Takeaway *****.......Reinstated.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 15 Sep 2019 12:44

** Be aware **

I ordered Chinese last night (I won't name them). I went to pick it up and as I was driving home, I heard the bags rustling and moving!!!

I thought what on earth is that? Has something got in the bag? For a second, I thought I could see a little pair of eyes peering out.

Well...

I pulled over, I leaned forward, picked up the bag, and there it was again, more rustling - and two little eyes looking out behind the spring rolls! ??

I thought it's got to be a rat or a mouse or something, so I carefully pulled the bag down...

...and there it was...

... A Peeking Duck!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Sep 2019 12:50

:-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Sep 2019 12:50

:-D :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 15 Sep 2019 12:57

10 minutes and gone >>>>>>>>>>>>

:-0 :-0 :-S :-S :-S

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Sep 2019 13:02

FGS....wish someone would get a life :-| :-P

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Sep 2019 13:20

Itchy finger should be named and shamed :-| :-| :-|. Fair enough if something is offensive but this wasn't in the least. It is time GR sorted the waste of space time wasting RRers once and for all

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Sep 2019 13:24

Don't get it myself...attention seeking me thinks.

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Sep 2019 13:54

ok so if "Chinese" was removed it would be less specific as to the type of takeaway but would also make a nonsense of the 'Peking duck' reference.

The reporter must surely know by now though that reporting still leaves the title intact? -S

Maybe it was the mouse/rat ref? not all takeaways have them true...but in some cases ( do you watch environmental health inspections on tv!) mice are the least of the worries.

oh well, I thought it was funny anyway :-)

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2019 13:54

Post it again Mr M - I missed it :-(

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Sep 2019 14:27

Please do your threads with just a tick and then we can all ask you to repost it.

Allan

Allan Report 15 Sep 2019 14:37

Missed it!

The reference to Environmental Health Inspections, by Rambling, brought back memories as in a previous life, ie before retiring, I was an Environmental Health Officer :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Sep 2019 15:02

Yep missed it again PM please Mr Magoo or repost :-D

Kense

Kense Report 15 Sep 2019 15:35

If you Google Chinese takeaway joke you should find it. There is a joke menu in one of the results that would really give the RRer apoplexy.

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Sep 2019 16:18

Oh maybe you should put it on here....might solve the issue on here they'll be too busy over there on the other site.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Sep 2019 21:02

reminds me of the seaside postcard, a Matron a nurse and a male patient,

with the caption

NURSE! I said prick his boil!!

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2019 21:12

Bob!!! :-0 :-D :-D LOL

Allan

Allan Report 15 Sep 2019 21:46

Thanks MrM :-D

Nothing offensive whatsoever!

I suppose all those 'Englishman, Scotsman, Irishman' jokes will now be on the RR's PC radar :-|

Mind you, a couple of years ago I was reported for saying that someone had found a chink in my armour, although I do confess that I may have also added a few extra words ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Sep 2019 22:21

used to be in detective novels..... a chink in a curtain!

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Sep 2019 16:36

And this one is back too...someone being sensible at genes today....Well done Genes :-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 16 Sep 2019 16:46

:-D :-D :-D