General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Haircut

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 May 2020 18:12

I have an appointment at the hairdressers.

Midday, 7th July!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 May 2020 18:14

Lucky you.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 26 May 2020 18:22

Oh I wish. We have not even started to come
out of lockdown yet.

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 May 2020 19:09

Has anyone seen the hair curlers I used to have in the mid-60s?

Otherwise, I'll have to use a hairnet. :-0

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 26 May 2020 19:09

Hair band is better Dermot ;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 May 2020 19:23

Or the Homer Simpson style!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 26 May 2020 19:23

Now yer talking ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 May 2020 20:23

I shall probably lose the couple of pounds I have put on during lockdown when I have my hair cut.

Annx

Annx Report 26 May 2020 20:32

I have an appointment for mid July providing the easement happens. My hairdresser is doing his best to protect everyone.

Consultation by phone before your appointment so you are in the salon less time, disposable gown at your seat with a throwaway biodegradable towel and hand sanitiser provided and to be used at the entrance. Hairdressers will wear disposable gowns and gloves and customers and staff must all wear masks. To ensure no-one can drop in without an appointment the door will be locked after you go in. The salon has been deep cleaned and the staff have done hygiene courses on line. They will place red or green cards on seats to show which have been cleaned after use and you will need to bring a large shopping bag for your coat and handbag. No refreshments or magazines but you can bring your own. No cash payment and everyone booking an appointment pays a deposit on-line so you won't need to enter your pin to pay the balance. Payment will be done in your seat to reduce moving around.

Because he is doing all he can to protect everyone I feel happy going there.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 May 2020 00:26

I can supply a drone fitted with the necessary tools,
so maintaining social distancing...

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 May 2020 00:49

I go to to a hairdresser where there is no appointment system anyway so I don’t know how that will work out.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 May 2020 04:19

ZZzzz ............

you may well find that there is some sort of appointment system, as that seems to be a requirement in most countries.

The hairdresser I go to used to have a system of both appointments and walk-ins. I always used to make an appointment, OH and several of my friends would just walk-in.

She opened last week, like most of the ones in this province, now appointment only, masks must be worn, quick check when you are at the door that you are still well, no waiting area.

The first of my masks to arrive came today, so I can phone to make an appointment when I'm ready.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 May 2020 08:32

Mine closed down anyway just as lockdown started

My hairdresser was the manager after the female owner died

The owner worked in the salon too

After she died her hubby and son still owned the salon and let it still trade

My lady was going to open her own salon but the lockdown probably means she won’t go ahead with it depending how far she had got

She did tell me where she was opening up so maybe had signed a lease

Haven’t heard anything from her

My white roots are becoming a half head two coloured beaver look

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 27 May 2020 09:49

Nothing mentioned here yet about opening. There are 5 hairdressers in the High Street.

I am currently sporting a Ponytail!

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 May 2020 11:11

Mine messaged me yesterday to tell me when she was hoping to open and ask if we would like to book appointments.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 May 2020 18:54

Boris Johnson needs a hairnet.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 May 2020 20:45

well, at least that shows that he is obeying THAT rule

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 May 2020 21:25

My hairdresser actually works from her home and in a shop, so when they open I'll have to see...no idea what will happen.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 May 2020 03:15

OH went to our hairdresser's late this afternoon ....... he was passing the shop about 1 pm, put his head in the door asked about an appointment and was told come back at 4 pm!

The shop is owned by a married couple, OH sees the husband and I go to the wife.

OH went prepared with mask, and came home saying he'd had to take it off because J couldn't cut his hair with the elastic behind his ears! :-D

He also paid with cash, no problem

I'm going to try to make an appointment for after next Tuesday, but I usually have my hair shampoo'ed so will have to see if they do that or not.

As an added restriction lifting ............ our dentist phoned early this afternoon to say they were now open and we could reschedule our 6 monthly check-ups at any time. We were both due to have them in the first week of April but they got cancelled.

That's going to another interesting one!

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 2 Jun 2020 17:11

My hairdresser is opening 0n Saturday 4th July,
Got appointment 7th July
Hopefully, opens as plan