General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What are they thinking?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2020 18:26

Can you believe it?

All those people at the beach today.

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 Jun 2020 18:28

Lemmings.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2020 18:35

I can think of nothing worse - pandemic or not - than sitting on a crowded beach in disgustingly hot (and humid) temperatures :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2020 18:42

Having travelled for several hours in a red hot car and looking forward to several more to get back home.

Mad bastards!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jun 2020 18:55

I suppose they’ve all got air conditioning in their cars.

All those people who have worked throughout have paid for those idiots to enjoy themselves.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 Jun 2020 19:10

I think the reporters should have asked lots of people on the beach why they weren’t social distancing and tell them they will be responsible for another wave of the pandemic.

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2020 19:16

Living close to the seaside,as I do,I have noticed that sea air does appear to make those not used to it, very entitled.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jun 2020 19:27

:-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 25 Jun 2020 20:13

Seaside residents - I wonder what is their reaction to today's rush to the beach?

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2020 20:16

The usual horror.

Saaf London comes here every summer and they are rude. This is not bias, this is experience of trying to get shopping on a hot week-end, several times.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 26 Jun 2020 09:04

I live way down in Cornwall and I can assure you Dermot that we are all furiously dreading the influx of visitors. So far we have had very little of the virus down here but it can only be a matter of time if they all come flocking down here and not even observing the social distancing. Due to age we haven't been out since it all began and unfortunately feel we will have to stay in for a good while yet.I know the economy and the holiday industry need the income but surely your life and health is more important.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jun 2020 10:11

You’d think!
But it is probably just an indication of age.
There are already suggestions of infections creeping up. I expect the blame will lie with those being careful :-P

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jun 2020 12:14

Horrific photos of Bournemouth beach last night all so close together and covered in smoke from the babecues being lit amongst the crowds. What pleasure do they gain from that? and the awful aftermath of litter (and worse) left behind.

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Jun 2020 12:18

The miscreants appear to be burdened with a fundamental deficit of understanding. It is highly unlikely that they would ever reach agreement to disperse.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 26 Jun 2020 12:27

I was watching an item on the news last night about the Costa del Sol, where the beaches are all marked out with posts and there were marshalls patrolling and moving people who were either too close or not all from the same family.

The holidaymakers concerned were from all over Europe, including a few from the UK.

As an aside, we had an email this morning from booking.com to ask whether we were interested in a beach holiday in August. Most definitely not!!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jun 2020 12:29

I know the authorities are under a lot of pressure but I did wonder where they were as the local news reporter made his report with lots of bbq’s alight on the beach behind him.

I bet they were left behind smouldering after the idiots went home.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jun 2020 12:37

There was a Dorset councillor on the local news last night. She had been out trying to persuade people waiting in the stationary queue to turn back.

She was spat at.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jun 2020 12:38

karma!

I thought I’d take a look at the Bournemouth Echo and found this story. A driver was so desperate to get into a full and closed car park they thought they’d get in by going in the exit.

A costly mistake as all four tyres were punctured on the grill.

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Jun 2020 12:59

Idiots they leave rubbish not to mention as no toilets open other things on the beach children running about I feel ashamed of the human race Boris needs to close beaches if people can't behave fine them £200 each give the money to local councils it beggers belief that you would travel for 3hrs or more to just ruin somebody else's enviroment sod the locals .us being good could suffer with new outbreak .God help us . To much freedom to soon Boris NS is taking things slower is she right Barbara

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jun 2020 13:09

Plenty of idiots in Scotland breaking lockdown to enjoy the sun.

Portobello beach in Edinburgh for instance.
Kelvin grove park, Glasgow and the meadows in Edinburgh.