General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Breast Cancer Site Benefitting from your support

Page 0 + 1 of 306

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•.

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•. Report 2 Oct 2007 22:16

Every year, women (and men) in the US are missing out on vital mammograms because they cannot afford to pay for them. Unlike here in the UK, their medical treatment has to be paid for. Some are not even able to afford insurance to cover medical bills so they go without.

It is vital for any form of cancer to have early detection and if necessary surgical treatment.

Just over a year ago, my attention was drawn to the following support site. www.thebreastcancersite.com is aiming to help people in the unfortunate place of missing out on vital early detection because they cannot afford to pay for their treatment. The sponsor's of the site have pledged to fund free mammograms based on the number of people who visit the site. So, all that remains for us to do is to visit the site DAILY, click and then carry on with our day to day business. It takes an average of 38 000 clicks to fund one free mammogram! We need your clicks, We need you to get at least ten of your family, friends, colleagues and schoolmates to visit the site every day and 'click'. Ask them to do the same, encourage at least ten of their family, friends, colleagues and schoolmates to click EVERY day.

When you visit www.thebreastcancersite.com you will see a panel on the left hand side of the page and there is a link which says 'Remember to Click'. Head there first, and you will be able to register your email address to receive a polite daily reminder to click. They even put a link direct to the site in their emails so clicking to support is effortless. Once you're at the site, click the pink button, and that's it, you've helped fund free mammograms, you've helped save someone's life. How satisfying is that!

Do you want to support Breast Cancer research here in the UK? You can do that too. Visit www.breastcancercare.org.uk and see many ways they are raising awareness. Visit www.asda-tickledpink.co.uk and support breast cancer awareness by purchasing goods of which the profits go towards financing research.

Are you going to 'Wear it Pink' on 26th of this month? Visit www.wearitpink.co.uk and raise funds to support research and awareness there too.

One more thing, this month is annual INTERNATIONAL Breast Cancer Awareness month. Let's play our part in supporting this vital research.

Thank you to those who already click, and thanks in anticipation to those who, after reading this will start to click daily.

Lyn x x x x

Jacky

Jacky Report 2 Oct 2007 22:19

Welcome Home - Welcome...........

Come on in and close the door,

You've been gone too long..........

Welcome, your home once more.......

Its great to be back - missed you all

Thankyou Lyn !!

Jacky xx

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•. Report 2 Oct 2007 22:21

Thank you Jacky my trusted friend and fellow Scouser. Wait til Rog and Rose get here.

Good to be back,
Good to be back
Hello, hello,
It's good to be back :)

Later 'tater!

Lyn x x x x

Jacky

Jacky Report 2 Oct 2007 22:26

Goodnight Lyn

Sleep well

See you tomorrow

Jacky xx

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•. Report 2 Oct 2007 22:36

Goodnight all, sleep tight.

Lyn x x x x

Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger Report 2 Oct 2007 22:45

Blooming Eck, dont know what was best now, i mean all this ere singing lark, glad Genes doesnt have sound, cor , imagine that,
see you all tomorrow
Rog (tone deaf) hoho

Rose

Rose Report 3 Oct 2007 10:36

morning all
nice to see it all back

o what a beautiful morning o what a beautiful day
ive got a wonderful feeling ,everything is going my way .

have a nice day all
rosexx

Rose

Rose Report 3 Oct 2007 17:02

havent done much today
my grandaughter and i had a visit off the priest
we arranged my gt grandsons christening he 3 but its never too late , we got the date nov. 4th
hope you have all had a nice day

..........rosexx.........

Jacky

Jacky Report 3 Oct 2007 17:22

Hiya All.........

Rose as you say - its never too late !!

Rog, have you ever herad a lady with a barratone.........well its a good job you can't hear me .........Lol

See you later

Jacky xx

Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger Report 3 Oct 2007 17:59

Hello all, nice day here today, sunny, no wind, very pleasant,
Have got my ear plugs in, so barratones,and all types of singers carry on and i will have a quiet giggle to myself.
see you later
Rog,
ps pardon, whats that you say, i cant hear you.

Jacky

Jacky Report 3 Oct 2007 19:37

I am so greedy, i had a box of miniture chocolate bars 20 and i have just sat here and seen every one of them off............Lol But they were sooooooo nice.

Jacky xx

Rose

Rose Report 3 Oct 2007 20:06

they sound very nice jacky
making me feel hungry ,trying to diet , not doing to good at the moment
but as they say if you fail try again
catch you later
rosexx

Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger Report 3 Oct 2007 20:40

Nudge
Hello little miss chocolate guzzler
not wot a Lady should admit to
hohohohohohohohohohohohoho

Rog

Jacky

Jacky Report 3 Oct 2007 21:11

Rog, i was made to eat it - honest..........Lol

Rose and Lyn said if you dont eat the choccy then........................they will !!!!

There are fireworks around, i can hear them, they frighten the life out of me and my cat is hideing behind the hall door, the poor little sausage.

Jacky xx

Jacky

Jacky Report 3 Oct 2007 21:15

Just a quick nudge to take us off number 13

Jacky xx

Rose

Rose Report 3 Oct 2007 21:21

jacky 13 is a good number i have 13 for xmas dinner
everyone says i should get one more
dont think sooooo
fireworks are going off here too not as many as last year , too expensive.
eatthe choccccccccs oh yes we made
youuuuuuu
rosexxxxx

Rose

Rose Report 3 Oct 2007 21:57

goodnight all
sleep well
rosexx

Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger Report 3 Oct 2007 22:04

Goodnight all, sleep well
Rog xx