Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

29th June 1947 male.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 15 Aug 2012 14:54

My father was adopted.I cannot find his birth reg at all.I looked for him for a few years had lots of help in finding him but no one could ever find a birth record. He has passed away and i was wondering if he was adopted is there any way i can find out. After all he has passed can i look ?Thank you x

edited as we are almost 99.9 % sure he was adopted.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Aug 2012 15:00

Hi Tine E,,,,,,,,Have you give though that he was registered under his mothers maiden name? or that the mother had had a previous marriage?

There are no adoption information records that are open to you to get any details from as these now will remain closed permanantly as only the adoptee can gain access

( unless any change in the law permits certain details to be released in the future for the offspring of adoptees )

Do you have a birth certificate for him?if so is it a full one with all full birth details?

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 15 Aug 2012 15:09

It could be that he is reg under his mums name. However he has only ever said one thing about his mother and that was she didn't want him and left him.He always said he no father.No father mentioned on any of his wedding certs.When my brothers and sisters asked that was what he always said.Always leading them to feel he was either adopted or in care. Seeing as we can go no further we will leave it .Thank you for answering x.

Sheila

Sheila Report 15 Aug 2012 16:41

What year was he born ? and have you just looked under the name you knew him as ? You say on his marriage cert he had no Father down, was he raised by his birth Mother ?

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 15 Aug 2012 17:41

He was born 1947. He has been looked via the name we know him as. His birth details where what made him so hard for me to find him,it was only by his wedding details i found him.Of his mother all he ever told them was that she left him and he knew no more. x

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Aug 2012 19:36

Tina.E,

He wasnt legally adopted as he would have named his adoptive father on his marriage certificate.

He may well have been in care most of his life,,,

if he has died you can should you wish post his name and it will be looked for in the births.,,,,I assume its in England/Wales......?

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 15 Aug 2012 22:43

Kay???? its been on the boards before when i was trying to find him.Its not to be found Michael Barry Hudson 29/06/1947. I have all his wedding certs and now have contact with my half siblings but we was wondering who his parents were,seems we won't know unless sometime in the future someone makes a connection somewhere along the line,but thank you for trying x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Aug 2012 00:46

This is an interesting record, from freebmd.org.uk

Births Dec 1947

Barry Michael J Barry Birmingham 9c 1072
Barry Michael J Barry B'ngham 9c See S'57

I looked at the image, and the first entry is in the normal listing, with an * by ther side

The second entry is written at the bottom of the page, and has the notation see S'57

I do not know what that means

sylvia

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Aug 2012 07:45

Sylvia
It means the was another entry one in 1957 that refers back to the 1947 birth

probably this one
Name: Michael J Barry
Mother's Maiden Surname: Barry
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1957
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume Number: 9c
Page Number: 833

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Aug 2012 08:23

I was just wondering if Michael J Barry could have become Michael Barry Hudson

??????????????????

David

David Report 16 Aug 2012 10:13

Just a thought,

I was legally adopted; but when i accessed my adoption records. I discovered that my surname was the same as my mothers (unlike todays habit of naming children after the father).

Could the person who they have found indicate that his mother's surname was 'Barry'. It would seem quite possible, which would lead you onto looking for other links.

David

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 16 Aug 2012 14:13

When there is a re-entry in the birth indexes it sometimes means the birth mother later married & re-registering under her new surname especially if she has other children thus they are all under same surname.
OR she was married & the child was not her husbands.
OR she married a gentleman who has the same surname as herself.

So why 10 years later was he re-registered UNLESS the 1957 entry has the birth father named ?
There must be something different in the data than from the 1947 entry.

There must have been some reason as it has been linked back to the 1947 birth
STRANGE !

TinaElizabeth
Did you never met any of his kin from his youth ?
& the half-siblings etc can shed no light on the mystery ?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Aug 2012 22:28

Tina E

Did he always live in the same area he was born in?

Who brought him up?,ie who you may have called grandparents?

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 18 Aug 2012 20:37

omg,how on eath did you find that entry????? Just reread freebmd i am totally gobbed smacked,(i was going to to swear but i am a lady). Wow that is the closest we have ever come to finding a record.

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 18 Aug 2012 20:56

In about 2009 i found out my dads name Michael Barry Hudson. I then searched birth records (my mum said he was 2 yrs older than her ) and came up with nothing,apart from one who had a lot of initals in his names.
I then search the papers,as mum said he had been trouble and they went to court.I found the paper and he was 19 in the september,so possiably 1947/48.
Then the help of three ladies whose names i am ashamed to say have excaped me. They found some wedding entries and i followed them up,saw there was some children from these marriages but still wasn't sure it was the same man,the only three things that were on the certs ,names ,age and the father crossed out were the same so it was a good maybe.A few letters sent no answers.Then to facebook.I followed these people for a while and then i emailed them via their pages,nothing for a while and then an answer.The rest is so long and the above has been made to sound so simple but i can assure you it wasn't.
My dad died before he was told i had made contact with my sisters. He had 10 more other children than me and two wifes who all say he had no family. However my mum says he had family in Gillingham Kent,but they know nothing about this and one lived with him in Maidstone for a few yrs and she was never told about family. I am going to follow these up thank you allx If you want anymore info i can pm the more private details.(please excuse the spelling mistakes)x

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 18 Aug 2012 21:35

Just reread and realised that Hudon isn't mentioned in the birth record however David may have a point as might the others and this could be him. as for the 2 records let me tell you my mums story.

She was born in 1949. Her birth wasn't registared untill 1951. Why cause she was taken by the ss and put in a home. They assumed her mum had registared her but she hadn't. Her record is like the one mentioned. She was finally reg in 1951 when they were trying to get her parents to sign the adoption papers,it then came to light shehadn't ever been reg. x

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 18 Aug 2012 21:43

We only know he lived in kent when he met my mum,Maidstone kent with his first wife and then Hastings with the second x

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 13 Jan 2013 20:42

The leads have been followed up, but have not lead us in the right direction sadly x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 13 Jan 2013 23:06

I think that the birth re-registered was actually re-registered in the June quarter (not the S for September quarter as indicated on the original index. That child was renamed McNamara along with a brother. So either the mother married or re-married?

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 20 Jan 2013 10:43

thank you.Sorry i forgot to return and look to see if anyone answered.