Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

rogers /cheetham

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 10:36

trying to find my grandmother hopefully still living barbara cheetham born 1941 north manchester mothers maiden name cheetham she married michael francis logan in december 1957 aged 16 he deceased 1977 but may have remarried in 1972 to dorothy wood so would have divorced barbara or did she pass ? cannot find her from there

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2014 11:12

Michael,

What happened to your thread about Barbara, as it had related information on it?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Mar 2014 11:13

So you've deleted your other threads............not a good idea, when people have used their time to try to help you.

I'm afraid you will get no further help from me..............

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 11:16

i have written all imformation down ,and put all my family search in one thread to save confusion as easier for me

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 11:17

an as for there help i appreciated it thats why i wrote it down before you told me i cannot have two topics so made one dont speak to me like im child

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2014 11:23

Michael,

It is easier for us if you copy the information onto this thread, as otherwise we, or other helpers, will be asking the same questions of you, and re-finding the same information.

Some people like to go back, possibly too extensively, before they go forward.

I cannot remember if we found anything about John Michael Rogers on the previous thread, if not, then no missing information, just a bit of background?

So, when were you last in contact with your Father, and where was he then?

Thanks.

Added:
Was he the informant on either of his parents' death certificates?

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 11:29

i didnt post anything yesterday about anyone other than barbara but couldnt really find anything other than the second marriage of my grandfather michael francis logan so i did get bit further as i now no that he divorced barbara or she has passed i do hope not ,my father john michael rogers i only no he was born around 1955 my mum cannot remember his full dob i did meet his father michael but his mind was not same as it was but his accent was irish ,my father did meet me after that around 1992 in northendon manchester but that was in public house so i dont no anymore as never seen him again

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 11:32

his father michael lived in burnage manchester but his wife mary i think had passed , i do think they had other children breda ,ann

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 11:33

i thnk he could of been imformant on death certificate

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2014 11:58

Were you parents married, and, if so, have you got the marriage certificate?

John was born about 1955 and probably had sisters Breda and Ann - younger or older?
Possibly all born in Burnage, Manchester?

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 12:01

i dont have there marriage cert but they married stephanie cheetham my mother i think breda was older not to sure though

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 12:02

yes i think all born in burnage manchester

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2014 12:04

Any chance that Breda was a middle name, and she was actually Carmel?

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 12:07

she could be im not hundred percent as was given names off my mum but she could have it wrong as she dont remember his dob lol

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 12:11

i do no that mary the mother must have deceased between 1977 and 1992

patchem

patchem Report 23 Mar 2014 12:33

If you look here:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

you will find 2 births for John M Rogers born in Manchester between 1954 and 1956.

There is one with a more obviously irish-sounding mother's maiden name.

I cannot see the same parents having children Ann and Breda, and I cannot see a wedding - so the marriage could have been in Ireland, as could the sisters, if older.

Depending whether you want to find correct birth date and further information, the purchase of the birth certificate would be useful, and would give the names of the parents to confirm.

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 12:37

ok thanks for that patchem i,ll have look

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Mar 2014 12:55

The1972 marriage cert for Michael should state his marital status at the time . Ie widower .previous marriage dissolved. etc

Have you picked up the GRO ref for it ?

Reluctant to post the info as its recent as far as genealogy is concerned

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 13:02

thankyou i,ll start with that

michael

michael Report 23 Mar 2014 13:05

no i have,nt got the gro