Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Galvin/ fitz causewaycounty kerry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Aug 2019 17:04

Hi we seen that people were looking for Eily Mai and Joe Galvin family from Causeway. We are Eily Mai and Joe Galvin Granddaughters Catriona Joanne and Michelle and Daughters of Thomas/Tommy Galvin. We are interested in finding out more about our family and ancestors. We seen that an Angela Coats/Bell/Law Posted looking for Mary, Thomas/Tommy, PJ and Patricia Galvin about our family

Michelle Galvin

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Aug 2019 17:14

Michelle

Your emai address is against the t&c.s of the site

If anyone wants to contact you they will do my clicking on your name and sending a message

Please delete your email info

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Aug 2019 19:07

Welcome to the boards Michelle.

As Shirley says you should remove your email address from your post - the boards are open to anyone and it may be misused.

Anyone trying to contact you can click on your name (in green) and then send you a Personal message through the GR system.

Can you tell us the date the enquiry was first posted and on what board i.e. Find Living Relatives or Find Ancestors etc and we may be able to give further advice. Either that or if you go to where it says genes reunited.co.uk right at the top of the GR page you can then click on that. You will get a url for the post in question and can copy and paste that to your post here. that way we can get direct to the post and see if we can help.

Advanced search not working for me.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Aug 2019 19:08

Welcome to the boards, Michelle.

For our reference -

the thread referred to, with a fair bit of research done:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1362366

Unfortunately, Angela has deleted her account, so can't be contacted via GR.

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Aug 2019 19:15

Beat me to it AG, just found it

What would you like to know Michelle that isn't on that other thread?

Give us all the info you have and what you are looking for to help us help you.

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Aug 2019 00:32

I'm looking for family members that left ireland and moved to the uk the only name I know is Angela and last name not sure if it coats/bell/law. I only recently found the message that Angela had wrote on here she was looking for my dad and my aunts n uncle but again I only saw it recently so couldn't contact her. She lived in ireland with her mom maisie law I believe.. I will try find out some more and post it ??

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Aug 2019 12:51

In the other thread Angela said -

"my maiden name is Coates after my mother freda patricia Coates, she was born 1/2/1943 my grandmother married in 1956 to Jim law in Maidenhead,"

So her mother wasn't called Maisie, unless that was just a "pet" name.

Her grandmother's marriage:

Marriages Dec 1956 (>99%)
Fitzgerald Mary T Law Maidenhead 6a 73
Law James Fitzgerald Maidenhead 6a 73

Mary T must have been married before, to Mr Coates, as Angela's mother was born Coates (mms Fitzgerald) in 1943.
I don't see that marriage in England or Wales.

Mary T was born in America in 1908, then her family returned to Ireland before her sisters were born, so presumably she married Mr Coates in Ireland, though I don't see the marriage.

Mary T's brothers and sisters, according to Angela's thread -

"brothers paddy Fitzgerald tommy sisters Elizabeth - eily may, eily married name galvin…"

And later she says the brothers and sisters were born in Dromkeen, Co Kerry.

It's hard to understand her posts, as there's hardly any punctuation.

So -
you say you're looking for " family members that left ireland and moved to the uk".
Do you mean Mary's brothers and sisters?

Michelle

Michelle Report 28 Aug 2019 16:51

I was wondering if there is any record of Mary t's father Thomas Fitzgerald. Thomas children is Eily Mai, Maisie/Mary T, Joan, Elizabeth, Thomas and Pat Joe. I dont know if there would be a record of Thomas because he didn't live in England he married Ellen Murphy in New York (eloped). Angela might know more details because Thomas Fitzgerald would have been her great grandfather that is why we were trying to contact Angela because there is absolutely no record of Thomas Fitzgerald or where he came from. He would be my great Grandfather and my Dads grandfather.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Aug 2019 17:34

I'm confused, Michelle.

How do you know her father's name was Thomas?

Have you found any record of Mary T's birth? Angela says (on the other thread) that Mary T was born on 13 Oct 1908 - but doesn't provide any proof.

Also on the other thread, AQ posted this travel record:

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name: Mary Fitzgerald
Arrival Date: 25 Sep 1927
Birth Date: 13 Oct 1908
Birth Location: New York
Port of Departure: Cobh, Ireland
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Adriatic
Address in United States: Cousin: Elizabeth Brennan 3424 ?outh Street, Corona, Long Island, NY

But we don't know if this is the correct Mary or not.

Or have you bought a copy of her 1956 marriage cert?
Was Ellen Murphy Mary's mother?

ADDED - yes, I expect she was.

This will be the marriage you mention

Thomas Fitzgerald
in the New York, New York, Extracted Marriage Index, 1866-1937
Name: Thomas Fitzgerald
Marriage Date: 2 Jun 1907
Marriage Place: Manhattan, New York, USA
Spouse: Nellie Murphy
Certificate Number: 13915

Michelle

Michelle Report 7 Sep 2019 16:31

hia i was aware of this information already but thank you. I was just wondering if there is any record of Thomas fitzgerald other then the marriage, he is a complete mystery to all of us. example where he was born, where he went to school, who were his parents and did he originally come from Drumartin or if he came from somewhere else and just moved to Drumartin (Drumartin is in Kerry.) also is there any record of Mary ts other child Billy which would be fredas brother, he is rarely mentions and if there is a record was his last name coates or law.