27th May 2014 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
• Include date of first post in board indexes (to avoid resurrecting old threads)
- Thank you KenSE. This has been passed on for attention
• Can Search be moved away from Sign Out?
- Thank you Unknown. Search and Sign Out will not be rearranged at this stage, but we will keep in mind for future site updates
• Implement a bounce mail system for unanswered messages
- Thank you eponymic for your suggestion. We are working on the unanswered messages query
8th September 2014 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
• Add a darker line to separate posts
- Thank you. Sensible suggestion - we will look in to this
• Implement Advanced Search to scan all boards
- Thank you ArgyllGran. We have an advanced search function http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/search, please let me know if you had something else in mind
The round-ups will be posted monthly moving forward. Please remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and use the relevant community boards for specific subjects.
Just a reminder that the new Book Club title has been announced, so apply via this thread for your chance to receive a free copy of The Aftermath: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/hobbies_crafts/thread/1344460
9th October 2014 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
• Board names
- Sitenames should only be able to be created if they are unique, but please contact email@example.com with any duplications.
• Sent messages
- Thank you Marktewk. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems accessing your messages.
The round-ups are now being posted monthly but please do email email@example.com with any queries.
22nd December 2014 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
• Extend the validity of credits
- Thank you Graham. We will not be changing the validity at this stage. Remember to check subscription options, a subscription may be more cost effective.
• Using 'sex' rather than 'gender'
- Thank you John. We'll look in to this one.
• Indicating an account status when a message is unopened.
- Unfortunately we cannot disclose the status of other accounts, but we are looking for a solution.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and remember to post comments to the relevant boards.
22nd January 2015 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
• Forum for people to point out problems they are experiencing
- Thank you Alisdair. As others have said we did consider having such a 'problems' board but we feel it is important for every problem to be dealt with as directly and as quickly as possible, so we would like all issues to be reported to email@example.com please.
• Get rid of 'marked as answered'
- Thank you Jacqueline. Unfortunately this has indeed been discussed before - I'm afraid that it cannot be changed at the moment but it is still on the list to be investigated.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific queries!
16th February 2014 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
• Change colour palette and text size to make boards easily readable
- Thank you JoonieCloonie. We will not redesigning the site at present, but will certainly consult GR members before changes are made. We want to ensure that users have the best experience.
• Remove 'marked as answered'
- Thank you Jacqueline. This has been raised before and will be looked at again.
16th March 2015 - A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:
Just a reminder to keep your suggestions coming.
Please report any problems to email@example.com
12th May 2015 Round Up for both April / May
* The FT used to be a lovely blue background, after a while it was changed to boring white. Preference is to choose personal background colour.
- I can see something similar was raised previously but this was for general background. As this specific to FT, it has been raised again as a possible inclusion for future..
* Get rid of 'marked as answered'
- This has been raised previously I can see but as recently re posted and as it seems to be a popular suggestion, we can certainly look into this again.
* Many folk are not familiar with the 'search term construction' requirements for searches within databases. It would be very helpful if genes had some form of guidance box when a member clicks through to Advance Search. (eg use of brackets, quotes, AND, OR, etc.)
- Good idea and very useful – thank you for the suggestion.
10th July 2015 Round Up for June / July
Completed / actioned threads be removed to a sub board within the suggestions board?
Thanks to Joy for this suggestion which I know she did make initially a few years ago, but as this has been raised again just this past week, I thought it would be beneficial to raise this again.