Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 14 Sep 2005 16:17

I am still trying to find my nan on the 1901 census, only found a couple with her name but not the right one, I have her registration and birth certificate, but nothing from then on. her name was isabel emily rixon bn 1887 sandwich street, st pancras. her mum was lizzie rixon nee clark, her dad was george rixon, he was a farrier. I think she was perhaps in service when the 1901 census was taken, maybe in chiswick. would like to know if both or either parents originated from ireland. I have been looking on the free bit on ancestry with no luck any help appreciated. thanks jean.

Angela

Angela Report 14 Sep 2005 17:02

Have another go on Ancestry - I think that the family are on as Nixon not Rixon!

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2005 17:05

Can't find this family on 1891 census. Also tried Nixon, but nothing. Do you know if George and Lizzie had any other children and when they were born? Why do you think they may have come from Ireland? nell

Angela

Angela Report 14 Sep 2005 17:08

They are definitely on as Nixon for 1901 but unfortunately I am not clever enough on pooters to know how to copy the information onto here!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Sep 2005 17:10

George Nixon abt 1862 Hedgerley, Buckinghamshire, England Head St Marylebone London Isabel E Nixon abt 1888 London, England Niece St Marylebone London Lizzie Nixon abt 1856 Mouddore, Kent, England Son-in-law St Marylebone London Louisa R Nixon abt 1886 London, England Niece St Marylebone London They are living at 60 Earl Street, Marylebone and George is a farrier. Yes the image does say that Lizzie is the son-in-law and Isobel and Louisa are nieces. There is also another Nixon at the same address. I'll trya nd get the details on.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Sep 2005 17:17

Ok this is the real Head of the household. John Cox abt 1864 Birmingham Visitor St Marylebone London Frederick Nixon abt 1859 Longleynon, Buckinghamshire, England Head St Marylebone London

Jean

Jean Report 14 Sep 2005 17:23

nell, isabel had a sister rose, I think 2yrs younger than her, my uncle said yrs back that one or other of the rixons came from ireland. everyone else, thanks for the help.

Jean

Jean Report 14 Sep 2005 17:26

nell, isabel is on the fbmd site as isabel emily rixon born st pancras 1887

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2005 17:26

Jean This could be sister Rose, fits in with above census info: Name: RIXON, Louisa Rose Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1886 District: Pancras (1837-1901) County: London Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 53 According to the census info theparents were both born in England. I'll see what else I can find. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2005 17:33

This looks like Frederick (presumably George's brother) Name: Rixon, Frederick Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1859 District: Henley County: BuckinghamsBerkshire Oxfordshi Volume: 3a Page: 460 Here's George: Name: RIXON, George Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1862 District: Eton County: Buckinghamshire Volume: 3a Page: 361 Eton reg district includes: Sub-districts : Burnham; Eton; Iver. GRO volumes : VI (1837-51); 3a (1852-1930). Boveney, Burnham, Datchet, Denham, Dorney, Eton, Eton Wick, Farnham Royal, Fulmer, Gerrard's Cross, Hedgerley, Hedgerley Dean, Hitcham, Horton, Iver, Langley Marish, Slough, Stoke in Slough, Stoke Poges, Taplow, Upton cum Chalvey, Wexham, Wyrardisbury (Wraysbury). Wondering if the Fred birthplace on the census is meant to be Langley Marish, in which case the ref I quoted earlier is the wrong one. nell

Jean

Jean Report 14 Sep 2005 17:36

hi nell, thanks a lot for your help, I just went on ancestry, I can find her on bmd section, but after that nothing, she is definatly on it as isabel emily rixon. my uncle must have got mixed up with the grandfathers family as the other granma came from cork.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2005 17:36

Lizzie's birthplace on census as Mouddore must be wrong. Can't find a Lizzie or Elizabeth Clark on Ancestry for 1856, but there is Name: Clark, Eliza Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1856 District: Malling County: Kent Volume: 2a Page: 323 nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2005 17:38

Possible marriage: Name: Rixon, George Record Type: Marriages Quarter: December Year: 1884 District: Marylebone (1837-1901) County: London Middlesex Volume: 1a Page: 998 Unfortunately other people on the page are Day, Rose and KEEVIL, Frank, so George's bride is missing, unless this George married Rose Day of course. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Sep 2005 17:40

There's also this one Name: Rixon, George Record Type: Marriages Quarter: June Year: 1886 District: Kensington County: Greater London London Middlesex Volume: 1a Page: 220 But again, a bride is missing, other people on the page are Charlotte Keen & George Wood. nell

Jean

Jean Report 14 Sep 2005 17:49

hi nell, just been speaking to my mum, she remembers visiting relatives in kent when she was younger so maybe this is the one Ive been looking for. .

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Sep 2005 17:52

Could this be Frederick in 1891 Rixon, Frederick abt 1859 Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, England Head St Marylebone London Rixon, Harriet abt 1890 Marylebone Daughter St Marylebone London Rixon, Isabel abt 1861 Maidstone, Kent, England Wife St Marylebone London Rixon, Livingstone abt 1865 Hedgerley, Buckinghamshire, England Brother St Marylebone London Rixon, Nellie abt 1888 Marylebone, London, England Daughter St Marylebone London They are living at 57 Earl Street, Marylebone and Frederick gives his occupation as Whitesmith

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 14 Sep 2005 18:29

No access to image, but do you think that Mouddore might be Maidstone?

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 14 Sep 2005 18:35

1871 census: Lizzie Clark abt 1856 Maidstone, Kent, England relationship location Kent

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Sep 2005 18:38

Hi Brenda I think it probably is. The loop on the G in Hedgerley has been taken for the stick of the D in Mouddore. I'm still not having any luck for the 1891 with that though!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Sep 2005 18:42

Brenda You know what they say about 2 heads being better than one? What do you think of this? Mixon, Charlotte abt 1824 Chalfort St Giles, Buckinghamshire, England Mother Bloomsbury St George London Mixon, George abt 1863 Hedgeley, Buckinghamshire, England Head Bloomsbury St George London Mixon, Isabella E abt 1887 London, England Daughter Bloomsbury St George London Mixon, Lizzie abt 1856 Maidstone, Kent, England Wife Bloomsbury St George London Mixon, Louisa R abt 1888 London, England Daughter Bloomsbury St George London They are living at Southampton Mews?, St George Bloomsbury. George is a master farrier