General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Would anybody mind?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 May 2016 14:18

I have been reading through, and really quite enjoying, all my posts about Fred's capers and mishaps.

A lot of people have suggested I write them into a book but it is a bit of a daunting task for e at the moment. However, I was wondering about printing them all off, replies as well, and maybe offering them to a stroke charity or somebody, haven't thought that bit through yet, to do with as they considered fit.

I think they might give a bit of hope and inspiration but maybe not, I don't know.

Anyway, many of you have contributions on those threads, although not one is traceable to anybody, and I wondered if any of you would have any objection to me doing this, when I get around to it!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 5 May 2016 14:22

I think I went on a couple of them Sharon, if so I have no objection. :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 May 2016 14:28

I loved reading about your dad Fred especially as my dad was Fred too and had a stroke in his 60, s

I did respond on some of your threads and have no objection to any of them being printed off

:-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 May 2016 15:42

Same here Sharron lovely memories and laughs
when I think of you both :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 5 May 2016 16:20

No problem. I always thought, and might even have posted, that you should offer your finished book about Fred to the Stroke Association for them to pass on to other stroke victims/their relatives.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 5 May 2016 17:34

fine but keep a tight fist on the copyright you have the material there for an excellent comedy

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 May 2016 17:42

Great idea, altho I wish you could find a way to present them as a book, Sharron. Is there anyone here who could help you? Perhaps we could then all contribute to the cost of getting the book published. You certainly have my permission.

Best of luck whichever road you take, those stories are too valuable to be kept quiet.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 May 2016 18:18

No objection at all sharron

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 5 May 2016 18:25

none whatsoever but as said - make sure you keep copyright.

Send them as they are - not to a stroke charity but to a publisher - they would knock them into shape if they are interested. If they get printed then you can donate to charity.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 May 2016 18:35

go for it Sharron - no objections from me - I agree that your way of dealing with Fred could be of great help to others in the same position

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 May 2016 20:46

no objections from me .................. but a book would be even better :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 May 2016 20:56

I have no objections at all Sharron. I so miss the saga of you, Fred and Fred's mates <3

lollybasher

lollybasher Report 5 May 2016 21:07

I don't mind Sharron, it's a good idea to save all Fred and his friends shenanigans
over the years, It certainly kept all of us amused, I always checked for his latest escapades as soon as I came on to the site.

R.i.P Fred x

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 May 2016 22:01

Go for it, Sharron - but as Rollo says - keep a tight fist on the copyright .
Google 'copyrighting the written word' for ideas.
I think it may give those who train on how to treat stroke victims a few very good ideas!! :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 May 2016 23:13

Go for it Sharron!

I loved your stories about Fred <3

as you said, any comments made by others can't be traced to them, I don't think there would be any problem.

I'm sure anyone looking after someone who had a stroke would appreciate your stories.

<3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 6 May 2016 08:49

Fine by me Sharron...go ahead... <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 May 2016 06:57

Okay by me Sharron ,but ditto on the copyright. <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 7 May 2016 08:37

Sharron, I am sure I did not join in with your 'Fred' comments but I would like to add something to this thread.

Be sure that you use only the comments of people who have agreed that you may do so. Do not take it for granted that those who commented but who have not replied to you in the affirmative are willing to allow you to use their words.

If you wish to use their words, do, please, contact them and obtain their agreement.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 7 May 2016 13:33

Okay with me, I think it's a brilliant idea x

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 7 May 2016 13:36

Sharrn, what a good idea. I put in my pennies worth once in a while and have no objection to you using my words if you feel they appropriate. I really miss reading about Fred, Fred's mate and the pineapple lady.

As others have said, make sure you hold on to the copyright.

A new word ave recently come across is. "Shananigator". I was wondering who would take this roll in your " Tales of Foraging Fred"

Good luck.