Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

look ups offered/USA/Canada/NOW CLOSED NEW THREAD

Page 0 + 1 of 53

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 25 Jul 2009 13:37

uk records also included eg census, bmds, just added criminal records, ww1 army records. etc.

american census go up to 1930
canadian 1911

american ww1, and ww2 records

canadian ww1 records

also uk incoming passenger list

the records in USA vary depending on the state some are more up to date than others.

Please give as much information as possible, dates of birth, place of birth, marriages children etc

and the approximate destination if you know it

please note canada have a 50year rule on releasing records there are a few telephone directories but not a lot else

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 26 Jul 2009 11:30

n

Irene

Irene Report 26 Jul 2009 13:27

Hi there I have a relation Mary Ann Elizabeth Bishry who was born in 1874 - she became a nurse and I have her through the census living in England. She was in England for 1911 census.
I have then found her death in 1915 in Cuyahoga, Canada and have got a copy of her death details from Family Search pilot scheme.
I would like to know when she travelled to Canada please if that is at all possible. Many thanks Irene

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 26 Jul 2009 17:12

irene

i checked records for canada but cant find her

also checked the family search for her death and the only i could find was this

Mary elis Bishry

born approx 1885
england

died 03 Mar 1915
Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio

buried
05 Mar 1915
cemetery Lake View

occupation nurse

if this is the right one she died in ohio not canada
her last residence is given as illinois

her death is also listed on ancestry

Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2002

Name: Mary E Bishry

Death Date: 3 Mar 1915
County of Death: Cuyahoga

i think this may be her using the name bessie short for elizabeth

Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
about Bessie Bishry
Name: Bessie Bishry
Arrival Date: Aug 1913
Birth Date: abt 1882
Birth Country: England
Race/Nationality: English

Port of Arrival: Portal, North Dakota, USA

last address regina canada
occupation nurse
final destination minneapolis

Alan

Alan Report 26 Jul 2009 18:08

nudge for Patricia

Jean

Jean Report 26 Jul 2009 18:43

Hi Lorraine,
Thank you for the offer,
I wonder if you could find a marraige, and or children to Arthur Good b. 1903 in Scotland, he emigrated to Canada , he is on the canadian 1911 census with his family, his brother went to U.S.A. in 1922 and I wonder if Arthur went with him.
I think I have found his death in Florida in 1982 but can't be certain that it is him.
Any help would be great
Thank you
jean

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Jul 2009 20:04

Hi Lorraine

Maybe you can help? I am trying to trace a Frances Pearson (born 14 October 1924 in Edinburgh, as Frances Hood Cochrane Donaldson). She married a Robert Pearson. They emigrated from Dundee to Toronto in 1966. I have been told they had 2 children.
I would love to know anything that might help me to trace them. It would be great if I could find Frances and she were still alive... or if you can't help, have you any ideas how I could make progress? Best wishes

Pat

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 26 Jul 2009 22:51

JEAN

just to confirm arthur in canada 1911

Canada
about Arthur Good
Name: Arthur Good
Marital Status: Single
Birth Date: May 1903
Birthplace: Scotland
Relation to Head of House: Lodger
Tribal: Scotch (Scotish)
Province: Ontario
District: Toronto South
District Number: 127
Sub-District: Ward four
Sub-District Number: 45
Place of Habitation: 154 John St
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Thomas Millo 66
Annie Millo 56
Grace Millo 19
David Williams 18
Caraday Raydwen 24
John Evans 30
Robert Morrison 32
Eileen Morrison 25
Arthur Good 18
Ada Good 20
Edward Good 13

his occupation is given as sales man in a butchers shop

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 26 Jul 2009 23:05

jean continued

passenger list

Lists, 1865-1935
about Arthur Good
Name: Arthur Good
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1904
Date of Arrival: 8 May 1911
Vessel: Grampian
Search Ship Database: View the 'Grampian' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: Montreal, Quebec
Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland
Roll: T-4774

travelling with

george aged 38
margaret aged 34
margaret agd 11
edward 11
ada 9
arthur 4

i cant see anything definate for him in usa was it his brother edward who went to usa

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 26 Jul 2009 23:14

patricia

unfortuntly there are few up date for canada they have strict rules on data protection

my suggestion would be to try this web address which gives information on toronto records

http://www.torontofamilyhistory.org/toronto.html

good luck

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 27 Jul 2009 14:28

n

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 27 Jul 2009 18:51

n

Irene

Irene Report 27 Jul 2009 19:18

Thank you so much for looking for Mary Bishry for me much appreciated. Regards and thanks Irene

Jean

Jean Report 27 Jul 2009 20:49

Hi Lorraine,
thank you for the passenger list for Arthur Good to Canada, Yes it was his brother Edward who went to U.S.A , but I can't seem to find out anything about arthur after 1911.
regards
jean

Eileen

Eileen Report 27 Jul 2009 21:54

This is quite a long time ago, but I would love to know the date that my great aunt went to America - some time between the wars - and if possible when and where she died. There is a family legend about her life in America which I should like to be able to check.

Her name was Rose or possibly Rosemary Trimmer, or Rose may have been her second name, but it was the one she was called. She was born near Alton, Hampshire, and it seems went to America as a Ladies Maid, or companion possibly. I think she died in around the '50s. She never came back to England. She used to send my mother (her niece) food parcels and these still continued after the war while we still had rationing over here.........she also sent a pretty party frock and some childrens' books for me. I was born in 1944, but can remember the parcels still arriving in the early 50's.
Eileen

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 27 Jul 2009 22:35

eileen

do you know her date of birth and her parents names it would help with passenger lists as there is usually a next of kin listed or was she ever married

there are a few possibles i have found born around 1875 but would like to confirm birth date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 2 Aug 2009 18:50

N

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 2 Aug 2009 20:36

n

Debbie

Debbie Report 2 Aug 2009 20:49

Hi Lorraine, would you mind seeing who was living at 36 Park Street, poplar in 1891, I am looking for my G G Grandfather Henry Alldridge, who was living their at the time of his marriage in December 1891 and his 1st childs birth in 1892.

Manythanks

Debbie

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 2 Aug 2009 23:49

debbie

i cant search the 1891 by address alone i'm afraid

can i have henrys date of birth and place please.