Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick Ricketts can't find birth

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 19 Aug 2018 22:28

I have posted about my grandfather Frederick Ricketts before but now have more info, which has not helped.
Marriage cert: Frederick Ricketts aged 22 married Elizabeth Alice Elliott 12/04/1930, Shoreditch Address: 39 Scrutton St, Shoreditch
Occ: Carmen, Father: Albert ? Ricketts
Birth cert of first child Rosina Ricketts 09/11/1930 says Father: Frederick Alfred Ricketts Occ: Friut market Carman Address 84 Clifton St, Shoreditch
Death Cert of Frederick Ricketts 20/ 03/1972 Hackney, Birth 23/02/1909 Camden( St Pancras) and finally
Death cert of Fred's wife Elizabeth in 1976 Hackney say widow of Frederick Alfred Ricketts Occ Gate Keeper Retired ?? searched for his birth and nothing, under any of his names. Help please

safc

safc Report 19 Aug 2018 22:35

????

Births Jun 1908 (>99%)
Ricketts Frederick Alfred C S. Stoneham 2c 40

Nicola

Nicola Report 19 Aug 2018 22:45

Death cert say born 23/02/1909? and was named Frederick William on his wife's death cert.

greyghost

greyghost Report 19 Aug 2018 22:45

Previous thread - may help to eliminate other findings
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1362127?page=0

In your OP you've put wife's DC named him as Frederick Alfred, but your second post says Frederick William ??

Mavis

Mavis Report 19 Aug 2018 22:46

the Frederick Ricketts born South Stoneham Hants
Address
4 Ludlow Road, Itchen, Southampton
Civil Parish
Itchen
Sub District
St Mary Extra
Registration District
South Stoneham

John
Ricketts
Male
Head
Married

Itchen, Hampshire
Electric Crane Drivers

Ada
Ricketts
Female
Wife
Married
Freemantle, Hampshire

Bertram
Ricketts
Male
Son

Itchen, Hampshire

Fredrick
Ricketts
Male
Son

Itchen, Hampshire

Alfred
Snook
Male
Boarder
Widower

Wool, Dorset
Bread Bake

Mavis

Mavis

Mavis Report 19 Aug 2018 22:51

that Frederick A birth date in 1939 index is 24 Mar 1908

Mavis

greyghost

greyghost Report 19 Aug 2018 22:53

the 1939 - from the other thread you say this is them. Haven't read the thread all way through.

Elizabeth's DOB matches with her DOB on DC (not posted here)

Richttes Household (3 People)
39 Scrutton Street , Shoreditch, London, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Elizabeth (A) Richttes 02 Apr 1909 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 136 2
Frederick Richttes 23 Sep 1906 Male Transport Carman Married 136 1
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.

Nicola

Nicola Report 19 Aug 2018 23:11

Sorry it is Frederick William on wife's death cert and Frederick Alfred on first child Rosina's birth cert.
The 1939 register for Frederick Richetts is the right one and interesting that the day and month of his birth is the same as death cert but 3 years earlier

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Aug 2018 23:27

Nicola ...........

not uncommon to find different birth years, as I'm sure you have been told before.

People lied about their age, others may have taken a guess.

But one thing usually stays constant with those that lie ...... the date and month rarely change, it is the year they change.

My grandfather being the exception ........... he changed date, month AND year! :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2018 23:47

does it give fathers occupation on the marriage cert

Nicola

Nicola Report 19 Aug 2018 23:56

Father Albert or Alfred Ricketts Occ Painter ( not clear) on Fred's marriage cert

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 20 Aug 2018 07:48

Just to note- it is only the day that matches on his death certificate and the 1939 register.

Death cert says born Feb, 1939 register states September.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 20 Aug 2018 12:41

Do you have the 1911 for Elizabeth

John Elliott 23
Elizabeth Elliott 19
Elizabeth Elliott 2
Sarah Elliott 0
Mary Ann Allen 43 - mother (in law)

Elizabeth Alice 1909 was registered in 1909 and re-registered in Dec qtr 1913 mmn Allen

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Aug 2018 17:53

Austin .............

he could have been registered late!

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 21 Aug 2018 07:56

Sylvia- I was referring to Nicola's comment.

Nicola wrote:
"The 1939 register for Frederick Richetts is the right one and interesting that the day and month of his birth is the same as death cert but 3 years earlier"

But it is is only the day that matches. Both month and year are different

Nicola

Nicola Report 21 Aug 2018 20:51

I have searched all variations of Frederick and his other names to find a birth record but no trace of anything like it, will look at mum's birth and marriage cert tomorrow to see if there is anything different about his name or birth. Spoke to mum today and at 85 she is on the ball and Frederick Alfred rings a bell but not Camden as her father's birth place. Cricklewood is the only place she remembers as far Frederick's family living, it is same area of London but further out. She is sure he had sister's too.

Nicola

Nicola Report 21 Aug 2018 22:17

My cousin started me looking for Fred again but she is looking for her grandparents too, found them on 1939 register preview. Could anyone tell me the details of Albert E Lawson born 1904 and Elizabeth Lawson in Bethnal Green on 1939 register please.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2018 00:11

Lawson Household (3 People)
35 Robinson Road , Bethnal Green, London, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Albert E Lawson 30 Aug 1904 Male Mill Hands (Soap Factory + Aux F S) Married 84 1
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.
Elizabeth Lawson 20 Jun 1908 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 84 3

Dea

Dea Report 22 Aug 2018 08:34

On Fred's marriage cert - is there any way that his father's occupation could read 'PORTER' please?

Dea x

EDIT - AAArrrgghh!!! - I remember now - you sent me a copy of that marriage cert (although I looked to see if I still had it but unfortunately not ! :-( ) anyway I do remember that it was the most disgraceful handwriting I have ever seen so it is impossible to be sure of anything on there for certain..

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 22 Aug 2018 09:50

I see at the beginning of your 1st thread you mention Frederick, Florence and George as siblings - are they still relevant or have they been dismissed?

If they are still relevant, could you please give more detaiil of where you have them from please?

Dea x