Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death record ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 Jul 2019 17:06

I am trying to find a death for Harold Sydney Wall born 1916 Lewisham. He married May Ellen Saunders on 2nd April1960 in Lewisham. His occupation was Company Director Furniture Dealer as was his Father Harold Wall.. I have a copy of the marriage certificate . I cant find May Ellen death either, she was born 1919. The last entry I found on electoral roll for May Ellen Wall was in 2002 in Bexhill on Sea Sussex.. Her Son from previous marriage lived in Bexhill from 2003-2006.. Thanks Pam

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jul 2019 17:41

Looking at 1939 on FMP, I see I have accessed the record previously. Do you have another thread about this? If so, please bear in mind that one post per topic is a site rule.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jul 2019 17:46

At least two earlier threads. I have nudged one of them

greyghost

greyghost Report 7 Jul 2019 17:46

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1377884

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 Jul 2019 17:49

This post is about finding Harold Sydney Wall death Thanks Pam

Choccy

Choccy Report 7 Jul 2019 17:58

possibly -

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/

WALL HAROLD SIDNEY
Date of Probate - 21 August 1998
Probate number - 9851313442
Date of death -17 June 1998
Grant and will
Registry - Brighton

malyon

malyon Report 7 Jul 2019 18:06

i just found him on electrol list in bexhill or is it his son

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Jul 2019 18:24

Have sent a pm with an entry from the electoral roll on Findmypast. Not sure if it's the person Pamela is looking for or a younger relative with the same name.

Kath. x

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 Jul 2019 18:26

I wonder why his death is not showing up in 1998 ?

greyghost

greyghost Report 7 Jul 2019 18:45

Oh for the older probate records which tells you where a person died and who probate was granted to.

Could he have died outside of England/Wales, but probate would still have been granted 'at home'.

No record in Scotland

Choccy

Choccy Report 7 Jul 2019 19:17

On Pamela's other thread about May Ellen, details of Harold Sidney Wall's company directorship were mentioned, and that he was living in Bexhill on Sea.

WALL, Harold Sidney
Correspondence address ............................... Bexhill On Sea, East Sussex, TN39 3QT
Role Resigned Director
Date of birth May 1916
Appointed on 5 March 1997
Resigned on 8 July 1998
Nationality British
Occupation Retired

The date of resignation is AFTER the date of death I posted above?? Perhaps he didn't actually resign, but in fact died?

Pamela

Pamela Report 8 Jul 2019 05:27

Thanks Have also been replying to pm messages. . Still not finding his death 1998. ?

Choccy

Choccy Report 8 Jul 2019 05:32

The only reason I can think of for not finding his death registration is because he did not die in the UK (as suggested by greyghost above). Perhaps he was on holiday (just a thought as he was retired).

Pamela

Pamela Report 8 Jul 2019 08:11

Thanks I will look into that Pam

malyon

malyon Report 8 Jul 2019 13:04

the one i found in bexhill on electrol might be him looks like a retirment home

Choccy

Choccy Report 8 Jul 2019 13:19

The address for Harold Sidney Wall on the 2019 Electoral Register is the SAME ADDRESS as he was at when he was a Director in 1998.

It is the same address May Ellen Wall was at until 2002 on the ER.

It would appear that Harold Sidney Wall (up until the last Electoral Register was taken) is still alive and living in Bexhill on Sea.

PM sent to Pam.

Pamela

Pamela Report 14 Jul 2019 19:55

I have established from Probate record in Brighton Sussex that Harold Sidney Wall died on 17th June 1998 but am not finding his death registered . Could he have died overseas ? I know from personal experience when my own brother died in Thailand that it was in overseas section ? Any help with finding this would be much appreciated Thanks Pam

malyon

malyon Report 14 Jul 2019 21:31

pamela i sent you a message with the address in bexhill you did not reply to me

Pamela

Pamela Report 14 Jul 2019 22:57

Hi . I have been replying to messages as well as on this this site with the address of where he lived . . I have a copy of his probate that I purchased confirming he died on17th June 1998 but not where he died Thanks Pam

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 15 Jul 2019 13:15

Not sure what you mean Malyon- Born 28th May 1916 could well fit a July 1916 registration

EDIT: Malyon deleted post