General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has the Sky Started.....

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 31 Jan 2020 23:00

..to fall yet?

I believe that 11.00pm is the official time that Brexit happens :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 31 Jan 2020 23:03

No definitely not Allan :-D :-D :-D But I've got me red white and blue brolly up in case

Allan

Allan Report 31 Jan 2020 23:06

Are you sure LG?

No little cracks? Stars all in their familiar positions?

I'm sure that I felt the earth move in Australia, well a little tremor actually, but that could be due to natural causes :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 Jan 2020 23:08

Nothing will happen for a bit - the complete set of EU rules, laws rights and such will remain in place ( including any new EU laws) until 31 Dec 2020.
Of course the political side has ended so brexit for the moment means a lot of taxation and no representation.

The amount spent on brexit now exceeds UK contributions to the EU since we joined in the 70s. These sums will go on increasing for at least 20 years regardless of the upcoming talks.

Brilliant.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 31 Jan 2020 23:12

:-D :-D :-D Allan. It is either that or the remainers jumping up and down and throwing their toys :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 31 Jan 2020 23:47

:-D :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 1 Feb 2020 00:05

I’m happy :-D :-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Feb 2020 00:27

Eu population ex UK 450million
Uk brexit population 30 million.

Sh it happens.

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Feb 2020 02:46

Allan and LaGooner :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 1 Feb 2020 08:15

'The most pointless, masochistic ambition in our country's history, is done.' Ian McEwan.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Feb 2020 08:35

Allan, stop reading 'Chicken Licken'. :-D

Allan

Allan Report 1 Feb 2020 10:42

No! :-P :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Feb 2020 11:14

I went to bed.

“Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.” ? ( at least try!)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Feb 2020 12:57

That is the right attitude Rose not spreading doom and gloom and protesting like some folk :-D. All the b******t from media won't change things , time will tell won't it :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Feb 2020 13:15

Yep time will tell and (ever hopeful) we may be pleasantly surprised. Not that some of the remainers would ever admit it if we were. :-) :-) Time to move forward.

Dermot

Dermot Report 1 Feb 2020 13:47

Today's Daily Mail is offering free Brexit Tea Towels. :-|

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Feb 2020 13:48

Doesn't take all that much time.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/johnson-to-impose-full-customs-checks-on-goods-from-eu-report

nuts

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 1 Feb 2020 13:48

I'm sure I could find a use for one :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Feb 2020 13:56

It is my belief that it is already in existence, Rollo. It's just that they don't check everything coming in as it would be impossibly time-consuming.

Perhaps they intend to do so now ..... but I doubt it.

Maybe the journo has got a bee in the bonnet? If so, Wakey Wakey!

Fake news as our erstwhile pal across the pond likes to call it? :-D

Allan

Allan Report 1 Feb 2020 14:09

It was certainly in existence from 1975 until 1982, which is the length of time I carried out port health duties in Grimsby before leaving for Oz.

All Official Certificates were checked, particularly for any meat and meat products and samples taken for various teats.

Under the than existing legislation, we could either detain such products until we had the results, or let them go forward.

We could also let the product go forward, without checking it, but the local authority into which it was dur to go took on the role of 'Port Health Authority and became responsible for all checks etc..