General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

men of a certain age

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Aug 2016 18:46

and shorts!!! as soon as we get some sunny days you see men of a certain age wearing shorts that look like they haven't seen the light of day for years - where do they get them from? were they issued with demob clothes? :-S :-S :-S

LynGinN

LynGinN Report 6 Aug 2016 18:51

My OH looks great in shorts - he puts me to shame :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Aug 2016 18:54

It took a lot for my hubby to wear shorts .it had to be 90'in the shade before he agreed he didn't even need a jumper !!

He would only wear shorts at home ,wouldn't go out in them which was a good job really as he insisted on wearing socks too . Only needed the knotted hanky to complete the ensemble
:-D :-(

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 Aug 2016 19:15

Don't look Joan :-D ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Aug 2016 19:16

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 6 Aug 2016 19:17

As long as they are not lycra or budgie smugglers :-S they don't bother me :-D :-D ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Aug 2016 19:39

OH is 6'8". He looks like his legs should bend the other way like a flamingo.

Island

Island Report 6 Aug 2016 20:51

sandals and socks! :-0 :-0 :-D :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 6 Aug 2016 21:05

OH was in the Navy, where tropical rig was shorts, knee-length socks and shoes. He won't wear shorts in this country, but puts them on if we are abroad on holiday, with sandals and definitely NO socks. His shorts are plain, usually a variation of brown and look quite smart.

But - he insists on changing into long trousers in the evenings.

Me? I wouldn't be seen dead in shorts. I'm not the right shape!! :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 Aug 2016 21:51

woo woo, all the old blokes wear shorts during the hot weather up our allotment and today was no exception,,,,,legs of all shapes,sizes and colour. some look good in tanned shapely pins and chinos.--of course the socks are worn, :-D :-D......that so the muck doesnt get in their toes. ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 6 Aug 2016 22:26

Hmm...I'm of a 'certain age' and do not like wearing shorts, even in an Oz summer. I'll wear them in the house, but outside I wear long lightweight trousers.

Not due to any sense of fashion, but more a fear of melanoma

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Aug 2016 00:12

We were in Africa in what was their late winter, which was about the same temperature as it was at home at the time, late July.

The locals were all reasonably well wrapped up for what was quite a nippy time of year for them and he had to have his knees out didn't he? Talk about grockle!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Aug 2016 03:14

My DH looks good in shorts :-D

He wears them all year round!

Janet

Janet Report 7 Aug 2016 14:10

Must admit last week nearly all the men in our ukulele group were wearing shorts, nearly put me off the strumming.

Sandals, black socks,white legs, varicose veins, grey hairy legs noooooooo

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Aug 2016 14:15

I've seen men in shorts in our local supermarket

in December :-( :-(

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Aug 2016 14:51

Due to the fact that my legs were swapped at birth :-| :-|........I wouldn't be seen dead in shorts.

I do like a man in shorts though......(As long as he is breathing! :-D) But a man in shorts with sandals and socks........

Absoluteleggie not! :-D :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 7 Aug 2016 15:01

I hate it when shorts are adjusted to go under the beer belly.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 7 Aug 2016 15:35

Take your pick Ann ;-) :-D :-D

http://www.collegetimes.com/college-life/wears-short-shorts-guys-wear-short-shorts-75600

Barry_

Barry_ Report 7 Aug 2016 16:13

Prickles, having seen this thread I must note to you that I have worn shorts for the last three months or so with our lovely weather.

I wore long trousers only one (Satur)day ... and that turned out to be very humid. Good old weather folk wrong again!
I do wear short white anklet socks with my white trainers ... Velcro tied / laced ... so there!
On the very rare occasion I wear sandals (not this year) I don't wear socks.

Thankfully, there isn't a hankie big enough to put over my head ... like our father's wore at the seaside eons ago.
Remember that?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Aug 2016 16:46

Coooeeee......Hello lovely Barry~~~~~~

Actually, you have just reminded me that I have a photo somewhere of my Granddad at the seaside, wearing a knotted hankie on his head.

The funny thing is, he is dressed in a three piece suit and tie to boot!

My family wus roight posh!!

:-D :-D