Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

m murphy female

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 26 Oct 2014 09:03

Hello all
I am trying to find my moms mom sisters relatives.
the death certificate shows catherine murphy nee okeefe died 1958 and present in the house at the time was a female m murphy states her daughter so not sure if m is for margaret.
I would love to hear if anyone has these in thier tree.
catherine is burried with her sister julia and her sisters husband at yardley road cemetary.
thank you
sue lane :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Oct 2014 09:09

and where is Yardley Road cemetary?

to see if she features in any other trees on this site, use the "Search" facility, top right hand corner of this page

Ann :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Oct 2014 09:33

probably Birmingham, Ann

Susan

To find out the first name of the woman who registered the death, you could try doing some research............use freebmd to look for a birth for Murphy with MMN O'Keefe

Unless, of course, the BMD events pre-dating the 1958 death were all in Ireland

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Oct 2014 09:35

Is this the death?

Deaths Mar 1958 (>99%)
MURPHY Catherine 56 Birmingham 9c 596

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Oct 2014 17:04

Can you give us the address on the death cert, just in case they can be found on the electoral register?
Jan

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 28 Oct 2014 20:49

I can't see a Murphy - O'Keefe marriage in England or Wales on FreeBmd.

There are various births for Murphy with mother's maiden name O'Keefe, but none I can see with Christian name initial M.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Nov 2014 18:29

Susan, please put all replies on here rather than sending messages.

Just type in the box below and click 'submit'.

PM:

'The address on the death cert was 132 clifton road balsall heath b13'

B'ham electoral registers are online till 1955.

I can see a Kathleen Murphy living at 6 back 132 Clifton Rd. in 1950, also a Lionel Squire, but no other Murphy. Unfortunately the addresses on Ancestry have been very badly transcribed, and I can't find Clifton Road in 1955 at the moment..

Jan

Susan

Susan Report 4 Nov 2014 19:33

Thanks Jan, I havent been in for a while and have struggled with this one for sometime

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Nov 2014 20:08

If you wish, I can check the later census at the library when I am next in Birmingham. Might be a while, but def before Christmas!
Jan

Susan

Susan Report 9 Nov 2014 07:18

Thanks jan that would be great, I dont know who the lionel squire was tho

sue :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Nov 2014 10:18

OK, I won't forget!
Jan

Gritty

Gritty Report 9 Nov 2014 13:58

57 Brunswick Road, Sparkbrook
Kathleen Murphy
Lionel J SWIRE
Dorothy G Ricketts

1950-1955
6 back 132 Clifton Road, Sparkbrook (Balsall Heath Ward)
Kathleen Murphy
Lionel J Swire

Just in case he is connected- his death:

Lionel J Swire
Birth Date: abt 1907
Date of Registration: Mar 1963
Age at Death: 56
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume: 9c
Page: 821

Susan

Susan Report 9 Nov 2014 18:46

Thank you gritty? I know she deff had a daughter because it states it on the birth cert and the latter address was what was on the certificate. Its strange because she is burried with her sisterand theres no mention of a mr murphy anywhere.
thanks for helping

sue

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Nov 2014 12:14

Susan, have made plans to visit the archives week after next, so will be in touch soon.
Jan

Susan

Susan Report 23 Nov 2014 13:40

Jan
I have a copy of the death cert for catherine murphy she died 14th march 1958 at 6 back of 132 clifton road balsall heath b13. She was 56 yrs,
It says she was the wife of michael murphy occupation un known. It also states M Murphy Daughter was present at the death and it was registered 17th march 58.
It gives M Murphy as the informant and living at the same address
kind regards sue

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Nov 2014 17:46

OK, will see what I can find.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Dec 2014 13:26

Hi Susan.
I have been to the archives, but I am sorry to say I found nothing useful. Lionel Swire and Kathleen lived there 1949-54 then no sign. And nobody else there, apart from an Arthur Dudley in 1949-50 register.
Have looked online again for Lionel, and found him and Kathleen living together in 1945 at 57 Brunswick Rd. Sparkbrook. This suggests they were either related or a couple.
Interestingly, a James and Kathleen Swire are living at 55 Edward St. 1939, no idea if connected.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Dec 2014 16:53

I might be tempted to get the death cert for Lionel, as found by Gritty, to see who registered his death. Depends how much you want to gamble your hard-earned cash.

The other avenue is to look for obituaries etc to see if family members are named. Maybe another visit to the archives for me sometime!

Jan

malyon

malyon Report 6 Dec 2014 22:20

hi
found catherine mc donough married sydney murphy 1924

doreen j born 1924

mavis j born 1927
cant find any other children

hope this helps

yvonne

malyon

malyon Report 6 Dec 2014 23:18