Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions
Complete FAQ Listing
- I need an instant password reminder/ I can't login
- How do I print my tree?
- How do I stop my subscription/ renewal payment before it is due?
- How Do I Delete My Tree?
- How do I view trees that have been shared with me?
- How much are pay-per-view credits?
- What is the Keepsafe?
- How do I import or export a gedcom file?
- Where are my Hot Matches?
- What subscriptions do you offer?
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- How Can I Take Out A Free Trial?
- I DON'T WANT TO RENEW my subscription - how do I cancel it?
- Will I Be Charged Anything For The Free Trial?
- How do I change the card I pay with?
- When will you renew my subscription?
- Why has my renewal payment failed?
- I want to change my subscription
- I would like a refund of the payment that I made
- What is Gifting?
- How do I redeem a gift voucher?
- How do I print out my family tree?
- Why can't I see the 'Save' tab on my details panel?
- How do I add a name to my tree?
- How do I edit details already in my tree?
- How do I view other trees?
- Why can't I see all of my shared trees on my dashboard?
- How do I remove someone from my tree?
- How do I change the parents of someone in my tree?
- How do I change my root person/tree owner?
- Where are my relation's photos and notes?
- Exporting Gedcoms
- Importing Gedcoms
- What are Relative Profiles?
- What is the upload limit for adding to keepsafe?
- Why do I see an error when trying to view my tree?
- What is the List view?
- How do I upload a photo to my tree?
- Deleting your Family Tree
- Building your Family Tree
- Viewing your Family Tree
- Printable Charts
- Living relatives
- Privatising your Family Tree
- Which Census records do you have?
- Which BMD records do you have?
- Which British Newspapers do you have?
- How much do records cost?
- Where are the Parish records?
- Which Military records do you have?
- Which Parish records do you have?
- Which Travel and Migration records do you have?
- British Newspaper Archive
- Scottish and Irish records
- Using the Birth/Marriage/Death records - UPDATED
- Why can't I view newspaper articles?
- Will I be charged if I try to view a record again?
- Ordering certificates
- What are the Electoral Roll records?
- Saving the records
- Reporting errors with records
- Searching the census - UPDATED
- How do I get a password reminder?
- Trouble signing in/ login details not accepted
- I want to delete my registration
- I have a new email address - how do I update my membership?
- I seem to have more than one registration
- I have multiple registrations with my email address, do I need to do anything?
- Please remove me from your mailing list
- How do I update my message board profile?
- How do I make the text bigger or smaller on my screen?
- Online safety
Deleting Hot Matches
When you are viewing a match you'll see a link to 'discard matches' at the top and the bottom of the list of matches. If you click on this the match will be removed from your list of Hot Matches.
You will also see a 'previous' and 'next' link at the top and bottom of the matches. This allows you to scroll quickly through each match easily discarding any wrong matches.
When you delete a Hot Match you will be removing all matches with that member. It isn't possible to delete a couple of matches and then leave the rest.
If you delete a Hot Match in error, you can restore it to your list of Hot Matches. When you view your list of matches, you'll see the link 'View discarded hot matches' at the top and bottom of the list of hot matches. Click on this and you will be taken to your list of discarded matches. If you click on the box under the 'Restore' column on the right hand side of the member's name whose Hot Matches you want to reinstate and click on the 'Restore' tab, the selected discarded matches will be returned to your list of Hot Matches.
Download our eBook
Whether you're new to family history or you've been researching your tree for some time, download our free eBook for hint and tips on how to get the best out of Genes Reunited.
Trace your living relatives
Whether you want to trace living relatives, plan a reunion or find out how to use Genes Reunited to find family links, download our guide for more information.
Build your family tree
You can build your family tree for free so be sure to add as many names as you can. Contact other members who have added the same names as you and watch your tree grow.
As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.